electrical safety for firefighters
CLICK HERE FOR POSTER
BC Hydro: Free online electrical awareness training for First Responders.
BC Hydro Public Safety has created a new free online electrical awareness training for First Responders. This training will complement and co-exist with the same training currently provided face to face by the Electrical Energy Training Group.
Important points to note prior to taking the training:
1. Audio is required to complete the course.
2. Allow 45 minutes. Please note there is a 15 minute supplemental course for firefighters only.
3. First time users need to create a new account before taking the course. The log-in page provides a link to set up an account.
4. This course is for awareness only. It is not a certification course.
5. We can accommodate approximately 300 users at any one time.
Click on the following link to access the awareness training:
Your specific fire department Operating Guidelines shall supersede anything posted in this Educational Portal.
The materials posted in this Educational Portal is only intended to assist firefighters basic functions of the fire service. It shall not replace your department’s training or department’s G.O.G.'s or S.O.P.'s.