Information collected automatically via the Internet
The BCFTOA Website logs http requests to our server. These logs capture computer information, navigation and clickstream data.
Some of the information collected does not identify who you are. Other information, such as your domain name or IP address, may identify you depending on the naming standards followed by your Internet service provider. You may wish to ask them about their polices and practices.
While we make no attempt to link the information captured to the identity of individuals, the information captured does identify the following:
1. The Internet domain and IP address from which you access our web site;
2. The type of browser and operating system used to access our site;
3. Screen resolution of your monitor;
4. The date and time you access our site;
5. The pages you visit; and
6. If you linked to the BCFTOA web site from another web site, the address of that web site.This information is used to help us make our site more useful to our audiences by learning about the number of visitors to our site, and by monitoring traffic patterns and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about specific individuals and their visits.Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except BCFTOA personnel who need the information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to a request.
The British Columbia Fire Training Officers Association, more commonly referred as the BCFTOA, is dedicated to gathering information on training standards and providing this information to fire departments so they may effectively and safely train their members. In a world of ever changing standards and regulations, this organization provides fire departments with the most current, up-to-date course information and training requirements. The BCFTOA will help develop, and support the work of those leaders and organizations in order that they may best provide training for members and affiliated Associations.